We have had to use Podcast for a previous class but I did not have the chance to really view multiple tools to create a Podcast.
Podcast allows you to download particular content from the internet which is made available for you to listen to. You can use this tool various of ways such as the first day of school to welcome students and parents. While you are talking or introducing yourself to one person the Podcast can play to give instructions to others. The podcast are set up like albums/channels where you may go in and search for content that may be useful to download to listen to or look at. You are able to view or listen to content without logging on or being online once items are downloaded. As I explored through the applications it made me think of other ways to use this tool. It can demonstrate an audio of what is being taught that can be used for online or flipped classroom.
The podcasts range from informational, to inspirational, to lessons, and more. In the Texas Education Agency search I found the channel "Keep Texas Wild." I liked this one because I could talk to the students about the location of animal habitats and what type of landform surrounds those habitats. New vocabulary is introduced such as preserve and I can use dictionary skills to have students get information from the dictionary such as guide words, part of speech, definition, and entry words.
My podcast is a welcome back to school to send out to parents/students for the new school year and what is expected.
Click the link below to view Podcast:
Welcome Back Podcast
No comments:
Post a Comment