Monday, March 21, 2016

Thing 15: Skype and Things like Skype

I have used Skype before and have found beneficial. For this blog post I Skyped with my younger sister since she is away at college and I know she has a Skype account. I like Skype because 1. I am a visual person so for me to see what people are saying, how they are saying their words makes a different to me on how I take the information that is given.
I have done a conference through Skype with a college classmate that taught in China for a year. In Social Studies we were learning about different cultures and I thought it would be a great idea for our kids to see a cultural classroom.
Another way I have used Skype is through Fort Bend called Poetry Jam. Teachers are paired across the district and have a video conference where the students are reading their own poetry to the students in a different classroom. This was a neat experience because the kids are in a safe environment able to share their work with new kids their age. It made the kids work really hard on their poems because they were sharing with someone else outside their school.
You can have students learn how to write letters correctly and set up a pen pal at a different location, mail the letters to the kids and Skype when you received the other schools letters.



No comments:

Post a Comment