I think the students will really enjoy
using Wordle because they really got into using Power Point and creating
transitions, changing the font, color, layout, etc. and with Wordle it has some
of the same features. I could extend their learning by having the students come up with words they frequently misspell or use often but forget the spelling so they can use their writing throughout the year. This way they get practice applying the words and can visually see the words as well. Students can print their Wordle and leave in Writing folder to guide them.
I could use a Wordle with the students when I teach parts of
speech. There are multiple ways I could have students use a Wordle throughout
the year. For instance: I could put a story on the board or have different
stories for each student/group and have them find the nouns used in the story
to create a Wordle. If students have different stories, the Wordle’s would look
different. Another example: When I teach adjectives, the students can create
their own Wordle using their name and typing in different adjectives that
describes them as a person.
The students have worked on vocabulary words throughout the
year and we call it “Word of the Week.” At the end of the year when we are done
with all the words the students can create a Wordle using the words they
learned and have written down in their notebooks and we can print them out so
the kids will have all these new words learned in a year on one page.
Tagxedo allows information
to get uploaded different ways such as uploading documents, using an URL, or by
entering the text in Tagxedo. Once the
text is entered, it formulates randomly into a desired shape that you are able
to edit by changing the color/theme, font/layout, and orientation of words. The
students really enjoy changing things up and making it look like their own while
expressing themselves through work so I know this will catch the students attention.
Students can also use this application as another form of taking notes or
reviewing classmates’ text. Key words will
become bolder as it is continually used and colors would assist with generating
better understanding of the different words.
During the second half of
the school year, students are learning about research. Using a Tagxedo will be
a great application for students to use to express their topic they researched.
I could give students a research report about a famous piece of art. The
picture provided below if Mina Lisa and the student created the Mona Lisa using
descriptive words for the piece of art. The location of Mona Lisa, the art
piece names, who is the creator, etc. is all included.


No comments:
Post a Comment