For the discovery exercise,
I began by creating an account in Zoho Docs on my mobile phone. I did so by going into the playstore, the
application on android where you purchase your apps, and I downloaded and
installed Zoho. It asked for me to confirm my email address so I decided to
continue working through the webpage on my computer to take a few screen shots
of my activity.
Zoho Docs gave you the
option to sign in using your Google account that was the other discovery exercise
to explore. I do notice that a lot of tools let you log on through Google Docs.
Zoho Docs allows you to
create documents, spreadsheets, and other presentations while also saving
them. You are able to access the information from any location using a device
with internet connection at any time. As an example, I created a quick document
from notes that I took from a meeting. This application was so convenient
that I was able to type it right from my phone and save it. If I also shared my
notes with my team member that was absent from the meeting.
When logging
back on to the website it automatically pulls up all the documents that were created
and automatically saved. There is also a way for you to create your own network
with the choice of it being either internally or externally within you organization. Zoho also allows you
to create a mailing address for free.
However, for businesses and/or organizations it would cost, depending on what particular
plan you chose which was also based off of how often you used the server.
Getting started you can create, upload and edit your
documents, spreadsheets, and presentations online. You can add users and organizations
share and collaborate with colleagues. Many of these tools are the same from
Google Docs but it has a little more to offer. I like how it points to the area
to go to and gives you a quick idea of what you are about to work on. Very
organized!




No comments:
Post a Comment