Monday, March 21, 2016

Thing 16: Final Evaluation

Check out the link below:
Shapes Around the City

PhotoPeach was a new tool for me to explore and the quick uploads were put nicely together in a short video clip. I definitely see myself using this tool again. Can't believe I've never heard of it. My mind is already starting to wonder what wonders could I do with this tool. I am sharing this with my teammates and collaborate different ways to use this particular tool. So far I'm thinking if I share with the Math teachers they could teach students shapes and look through images for different shapes they can spot.


Evaluation:


1. What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?

One was definitely blogging! I've never had a blog nor have I ever signed up for one, yes I knew what a blog was and seen others but thought it would require to much because everyone else blogs look amazing. Reflecting back on my blog it wasn't so bad, I feel like I have a better handle on blogging since my first post and I have learned a lot through these 16 things.

 2. How has this type of program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?

This program has affected my lifelong learning goals because I can use like a Weebly and upload information to store. Also, I can use my blog for parents and even if some parents/ guardians are technology immigrants, I feel like the yare still able to read and understand my blogs.

 3. Were there any take-a-ways or unexpected outcomes from the 16 Things exercises that surprised you?
I was surprised that I had heard of a few of these Web Tools but never tried them. I feel like I've been robbing my students of a good education (it's  a joke). I'm just glad I know how to use these tools to a certain extent to guide or help others.

 4. What could I do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
I feel like just taking my time to really get to understand the different programs available.

Other great videos I found on YouTube:

  • A Pep Talk from Kid President to You
https://youtu.be/l-gQLqv9f4o

  • 10 year old intellect, Dalton Sherman's keynote speech
https://youtu.be/yZm0BfXYvFg

No comments:

Post a Comment